My favorite food is toast. Well, bread really. And if you’re anything like me (aka a carboholic), you know that nothing beats homemade bread fresh out of the oven with a slab of vegan butter.
I had the baking itch last night when I got home from the gym but didn’t feel like waiting an hour or two for a yeast bread to rise. I happened to have some leftover beer from a recent party and what better way to use it up than in a tasty vegan beer bread!
I ate some with breakfast this morning and it was absolutely delicious. Not too sweet and very light and fluffy. A must try for a quick, yummy bread.
Easy vegan beer bread
Adapted from this beer bread recipe at Pastry Affair.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda*
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar*
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 12 oz bottle or can of beer (any kind!)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix together all of the ingredients. I would start with the dry and then add in the wet ones.
3. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan (I actually used a small casserole dish instead).
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!!
* You can also substitute 1 Tbsp of baking powder for the baking soda/vinegar combo.