Lately, I have been craving pizza so bad. I mean, that’s nothing new… I could eat pizza every single day and never get sick of it. I think a lot of you probably feel the same way!
But ordering pizza everyday is a luxury my bank account would not appreciate so I have to get creative and make my own. And to be honest, I think homemade pizza is often a lot better (and healthier!) than what gets delivered to your door (although nothing beats Papa John’s garlic sauce 🙂 ).
One thing that’s a struggle for me when it comes to homemade pizza is the time it takes for the dough to rise. Pizza usually means a quick weeknight meal so waiting an hour for the dough is kind of contradictory.
Thankfully, God invented Pinterest and, with some quick browsing, I was able to find a super quick and SUPER easy pizza dough recipe…. that only uses two ingredients! Really can’t beat that. I’d recommend this to anyone as it is delicious, holds up well and can even be eaten plain as a flat bread. It definitely is getting stored in my recipe book for a lot of future use.
Two ingredient pizza dough
Original recipe is found here on Redhead Can Decorate.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- Optional: sea salt and Italian seasonings
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix together the yogurt and flour. Add in Italian herbs and salt if desired. Knead until all flour is incorporated (you may add a little bit of water if the dough is too dry).
3. Press dough onto a greased baking sheet or pizza stone. If it’s very sticky, sprinkle additional flour on first. I also added some more seasoning and salt to the top of the dough.
4. Add whatever toppings you enjoy (I recommend fresh mozzarella, diced tomatoes and black olives!).
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.